200-Hour Teacher Training: Your Sacred Journey
- Deepen your practice and knowledge of yoga
- Enhance your life while enriching others
- Experience personal growth and self-awareness
About Our Program
The Eternal Health Yoga Teacher Training program values all yogic teachings and traditions; our training program is a holistic, comprehensive program which emphasizes clear, direct, experiential learning of yoga as a lifestyle. This program is open to individuals who are interested in deepening their personal yoga practice, and will give each student the tools needed to then share yoga with those who are interested. As a peace-centered community, we serve our students from a place of love and compassion allowing each to find his/her own personal expression of yoga.
The following areas are covered in our program
Techniques Training & Practice
Includes asana, pranayama, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional Yoga techniques. This includes analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and guided practice of the techniques themselves. Teaching Methodology: Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, and business aspects of teaching Yoga.
Anatomy & Physiology
Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). This includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to Yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
Includes the study of Yoga philosophies, ethics for Yoga Teachers,and Yoga lifestyle, including hands-on food preparation classes in which students learn to prepare healthy yogic dishes that are healing, cleansing and delicious!
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing/giving feedback. Additonally, the practicum includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
Cost of Program
The program fee is $2900.00 with a discount of $300.00 for those who pay the full amount by June 30, 2018. A discount of $150.00 for those who pay in full by July 20, 2018. A $300.00 non-refundable deposit must be paid to reserve your spot in the training. Application and deposit of $300.00 must be received by August 10, 2018.
Payment plans are available for those who would like to pay on a monthly basis. Full payment of the course is required in order to receive your certificate. If you should choose to discontinue the training, you will be billed for the remaining course fees. The training costs include but are not limited to:
- Testing fees
- Contact hours associated with the training
- Yogic food preparation and cooking classes
- An unlimited yoga pass at Eternal Health Yoga good through the final training weekend
- Group photos
- A 200-hour certificate recognized by the Yoga Alliance
Required Materials (not included in your tuition)
- Coulter, David – Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers and Practitioners
- Desikachar, T. K. V. – The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
- Gannon, Sharon and David Life – Jivamukti Yoga Practices for Liberating Body and Soul
- Grilley, Paul – Yin Yoga: Outline of a Quiet Practice
- Iyengar, B. K. S. – Light on Yoga
- Kraftsow, Gary – Yoga for Transformation: Ancient Teachings and Practices for Healing the Body, Mind, and Heart
- Lasater, Judith – Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life
- Mehta, Silva, Mira, and Shyam – Yoga the Iyengar Way
- Schiffmann, Erich – Yoga: The Spirit and Practice of Moving Into Stillness
- Sri Swami Satchidananda, Patañjali – The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
- Swenson, Doug – Mastering the Secrets of Yoga Flow
- Tuttle, Will – World Peace Diet
Registration is open for the 2018 session. To apply for the 2018 program, please submit a completed application with a non-refundable deposit of $300.00 by Friday, August 10, 2018 (deposit will be applied toward tuition). If for some reason your application is denied, your deposit will be returned. If you decide not to complete the program once the program has begun, you forfeit the deposit. Please Download Application
Teacher Training Dates 2018-2019
All dates are Friday, Saturday, Sunday Contact hours:
- Fridays, 6:00pm – 9:30pm
- Saturdays, 8:30am – 5:30pm
- Sundays, 8:30am – 5:30pm
- August 17-19
- September 21-23
- October 19-21
- November 16-18
- December 7-9
- January 12-14
- February 8-10
- March 8-10
- April 12-14
- April 26-28
200-Hour Teacher Training Course Objectives
To provide each student with an in-depth, non-competitive, experience of yogic learning in a peaceful, nurturing environment in order that he/she can:
- Expand and develop a personal practice from which knowledge develops for one to teach and share yoga with others.
- Teach beginner and intermediate asana, pranayama, kriyas, mantra, and other yogic practices
- Learn the methodology and basics skill to effectively teach yoga classes to those of all ages, shapes and sizes
- Acquire excellent teaching, organization, and communication skills in order to better serve the yoga community
- Develop his/her personal teaching style through various techniques, such as voice tone, music, breathing, meditation, chanting, relaxation, etc.
- Understand the significance that one’s lifestyle has on the planet and how each can positively influence and preserve the environment for future generations
- Have a solid introduction to the philosophies of yoga and their connection to current daily life in the Western world
Additionally, it is our goal to uphold the principles of yoga teaching by meeting and exceeding the standards of Yoga Alliance in order that students receive the highest benefit from this program.